Monday, November 13, 2006

Apple Pie

Let me start off by telling everyone that reads this that I have the most amazing apple pie recipe. I found it on the website allrecipes.com, which I absolutely love. I tried the recipe a couple of weeks ago and fell in love with it. The crust reminds me of the crust from an apple pie from McDonalds, life just doesn't get any sweeter!

Let me get to the point of my blog, I made this amazing apple pie for my mom and Ben's birthday celebration (Happy Birthday Mom & Ben!!!). The plan was to go to church and then head over to Susan's house to celebrate. I loaded up the pie and placed it securely on the ground of the van. When we got to church things got a little hectic with trying to get out of the mini van (easier said than done when there's 5 people trying to all get out at once), then I looked over and Aiden had so suavely placed his foot right in the middle of my pie. I seriously couldn't believe it. I wanted to have a fit, but I was in the church parking lot so I contained myself.

Regardless of the footprint, the pie still tasted great.....we all just ate around the footprint!


If you want to try this amazing apple pie (minus the foot) here's the recipe-


Ingredients:

1 recipe pastry for a 9 in double crust pie

1/2 c. unsalted butter

3 T. flour

1/2 c. white sugar

1/2 c. brown sugar

1/4 c. water

6 big apples


Directions:

1. Melt butter in a sauce pan. Stir in four to form a paste. Add white sugar, brown sugar, and water, bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and simmer 5 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Pour almost all of the sauce over the apples (I left out around 1/4 of a cup). Cover with apples with the top crust. Cut a few venting strips in the crust. Brush the crust with the remaining sauce.

3. Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees F. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and continue to bake for 40 minutes.

4. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that Aiden did that! He is the best!! Hmmm...I wonder if that is why he is so skinny and I am not...I always put the pie in my mouth, to think that I have been doing it wrong all these years!

Anonymous said...

I love allrecipes.com, it's my favorite website! funny about the foot :)