Thursday, September 13, 2007

Beef Stroganoff


I've never been a huge fan of Beef Stroganoff, don't get me wrong, I liked it I just didn't love it. Last night I was in the cooking mood so I decided to cook up a batch (it's one of Rick's favorite dishes). I went online and got this recipe- I can honestly say that I am now a true lover of stroganoff!


INGREDIENTS
2 pounds sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter or margarine, divided
1 large onions, chopped
1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
1 teaspoon dried basil
salt and pepper to taste
1 (4.5 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cup sour cream
cooked rice or noodles

DIRECTIONS
Dredge meat in flour.

In a skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter over medium heat; saute onions until tender. Remove from pan; set aside.

Melt remaining butter and brown meat on all sides. Add broth, basil, salt and pepper, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce and onions.

Cook until mixture thickens, about 15 minutes. Just before serving, stir in sour cream. Heat through, but do not boil. Serve immediately over rice or noodles.


It's even better the next day for lunch!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsay,

You suck at blogging. Go take some lessons from Candice, she is the master!

Cabby

Anonymous said...

Did you get this recipe off of allrecipes.com? it's one of my favorite websites ever!!

Dains Family said...

Cabby-
I just want to tell you how much I love your blog site, the hours you must have spent on it, and you're so fantastic at keeping it updated!
Oh wait....that's right.....you don't have a blog site.....you SUCK....why don't you get a blog site!!!!
I do have to admit, I have been a slacker lately....fighting for computer time with a 12 year old who's passion in life is the computer is just not worth it! I'll try to do better!

Dains Family said...

Vicki-
I'm so glad that someone else has discovered allrecipes.com. It's one of my favorite websites. Another good recipe to try is Erin's Indonesian Chicken.....I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I'll have to try it! Cafeteria Macaroni and Cheese is one of my fav's, it's not good for you AT ALL but it's sooo good, and great for pot lucks!

Anonymous said...

Ummm, I have a bad beef stroganoff thingy. I'll have to take your word for it. And wouldn't it be fun if Cabby had a blog? And Susan? And Tom and Irene? And Steve?

LC