Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Bithell Curse Strikes Again!



Earlier today I needed to take some Christmas presents downstairs. I had a huge box that I was carrying down and I couldn't see over it. When I hit the basement floor my foot landed in around six inches of water. I hurried and put the box down and saw that my whole basement was flooded with water. I could deal with the water being everywhere (if you're a Bithell, you're use to it!), but I totally broke down when I saw all of my Christmas presents ruined. Every single gift was water logged. I got on the phone and had Rick come home from work, and of course tried to reach my parents (their pro's with water problems!), but they wern't home! Rick brought one of his plumber friends home with him and he was able to get the sump pump working. It only took around 20 minutes for all the water to drain....now everything is soaked and ruined. We've been hauling garbage bags to the curb and have a cleaner here at the present moment trying to get things squared away. I do have to say, I have an amazing insurance company. I called them and told them what was going on and they had the cleaners out here with in two hours. Not to mention, I'm compiling a list of all that was lost and they will be taking care of it. I guess that $40 a year sump pump rider that I have on my home owners insurance really came in handy! And, I guess the situation isn't too bad....I get to go shopping all over again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least it wasn't sewage! USAA is really good about these things...my flood was 26,000 in damages!

CAbby