Thursday, September 28, 2006

Stability

I won't go into details, but this has been one of the most trying years of my life. Just when I think things can't get worse, they do. I've been thinking a lot about that "Foot Prints" poem where it talks about life getting too hard and having the Lord carry you. The Lord is carrying me right now!

There is one thing in my life that has always brought comfort/joy/stability. As stupid as it sounds it has been Sunday dinners at my moms. We have always (since birth) eaten Sunday dinner as a family. My mom has still continued that tradition even though we're all grown and out of the house. This past Sunday she made the most incredible Shepard's Pie. I have yet to come across anyone that can make a better dish! I had my dad take a picture of it because not only did it taste amazing, it also looked amazing! The dish stood 7 inches high!!!! My mom really knows how to cook!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss Sunday dinners so much! I miss you and I love you. Give the kids huge hugs from me, their most favorite aunt on earth!

Cabby

Dains Family said...

Sunday dinners are always more fun when your in town! Miss you.....love you....are you crying yet?