Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Bithell Curse

If you were born one of the lucky bearing the last name Bithell, you are probably already aware of the curse that also follows that name. It has to do with having a wet basement. Basically, any Bithell that owns a house with a basement is guaranteed to have major problems. It's just the facts!
So here is my problem. Our neighbors lived in the City of Warren before it was established as a city. In fact their house is one of the first farmhouses that was built in Macomb County. If you live in Warren you are suppose to be connect to city water and sewer. They are not. Not a big deal if your house isn't right next to their septic field. Still not a big deal unless you complained to the city earlier in the year about flooding in your front yard and the city so nicely re-routes the flooding to dump in their septic field (which the city was not aware they were doing). So now we have a septic field which I think is too full. I hate to be a witch and all, but the thought of my kids playing in the poop filled puddles outside just don't sit well with me. So now I have to complain to the city once again and have them deal with my neighbors and their pooh. My neighbors have made it clear to us that they have no intentions on connecting because it would cost them $$$ to do so. I guess I have no choice other than to be a bitchy neighbor.

Back to the curse, not only do we have puddles outside, but that poopy water has also found its way into my basement. I guess that's what happens when you put gallons upon gallons of water up against a cinder block wall. The curse lives on!!!!




A face this cute should not have to play in poopy water!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read the title of your blog and thought, "Oh no, Lindsay has water in her basement." All you have to say is "The Bithell Curse" and we immediately know what you're talking about. So sorry about the water, but being a Bithell is worth having a little water in your basement. It means you have a great sense of humor to get you through any dilemma.
nBITHELLm

Anonymous said...

nBithellm...must be Nancy!

The thing is, it is never just water in the basement....it is always poopy water! LOL

I don't have a basement and have been pretty lucky here...well, except the flood on day 3 of living here that resulted in $26,000 of repair!! The other house had issues with a leaky air conditioning unit conveniently located in the attic....sigh...if it isn't the basement, it is the attic...

Cabby

Anonymous said...

You're scaring me here. Luckily our new house doesn't have a basement either. With Steve's Bithell curse and my luck - maybe we rule each other out and we'll never have problems????

Dude, keep complaining, you have to do what's right for the kids. A poopy field as a backyard is NOT okay.

good luck!

LC